Monday, April 27, 2015

ARC Review: Craze (Piece Securities Book #1) by Anne Conley

Title: Craze
Series: Piece Securities Book #1
Author:  Anne Conley
Format: eBook (Provided in exchange by the author for an honest review.)
Pages: 272
Links: Goodreads  | Amazon  | Barnes & Noble

When Krista catches her boss doing the unthinkable, the only thing she can do is run. Straight into the arms of the eye-candy she’s been trying not to flirt with on her lunch break. But whose side is he on? 

Ryan’s security firm is having a hard time getting off the ground, and this may be just the job to help the company out. But pseudo-bounty hunter isn’t really what Pierce Securities is trying to get a name for. When he finds out their target is the classy lady from the park, all of Ryan’s senses go on high alert. What do these men want with her? 

Krista is forced into Ryan’s sanctuary in the woods, where she realizes just how wild he is, but she doesn’t want to tame him. He may feel his methods of protection endangered her, but without Krista in his life, Ryan is crazed. 

This is book #1 in the Pierce Securities, a Romantic Suspense series by Anne Conley, author of the Stories of Serendipity and The Four Winds. 



My Review
Krista is a businesswoman who finds herself embroiled in a serious situation when she catches her boss in the middle of commiting an illegal and despicable crime. Escaping, Krista finds herself unable to go home or to run to any family member or friend due to the danger she is in.

Ryan, one of a group of sexy, rugged men who have set up Pierce Securities  is put in charge of finding Krista when her boss comes to them wanting to catch her. When his tale seems fishy, Ryan knows he must find Krista before anyone else does - not to turn her in, but to protect her. Krista turns out to be Classy Lady, the woman from a park he visits who has managed to snag his attention, but besides some harmless flirting, Ryan has told himself she is off limits due to how classy she is compared to his rugged, wild ways. 

When Ryan has to protect Krista by brining her home with him, the two find themselves trying to fight their feelings even with the undeniable spark between them. Ryan must protect Krista and •NOT• fall in love with her, but that seems easier said than done. When he has to choose between his team at Pierce Securites or Krista, the woman tilting his world on it's axis, will he choose loyalty or love? 

While Ryan has to choose between loyalty and love, Krista has to battle between her mind and heart and decide what is more important to her: her career or living in the middle of nowhere with Ryan, the man she has come to love.

 I have never read an Anne Conley book. Shocker, huh? It's definitely a shame on me moment. Craze definitely sold me on his extremely talented author though.

I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting when I began reading Craze, but every expectation I did have flew out the window when Anne Conley exceeded them all. I figured that this would be like many romantic suspenses that I have read in the past that focused more on the romance then the suspense, but that was not the case here. Craze was the perfect blend of romance, mystery, suspense, and intrigue. From the very first page to the last, I was completely hooked on this book. 

Anne Conley has characters that are original and strong, a plot that is addicting, and a beautiful middle of nowhere setting. Craze was like nothing I have read before which made the book that much better for me. 

Krista has strength and did the right thing saving a little boy from a horrible nightmare - no matter what that meant for her. She's a strong, intelligent woman and makes a great heroine. 

Ryan is not your typical male character in a book. He is rugged, he lives off the land, he prefers the solace of his middle of nowhere cabin with his dogs Johnny and Hank. He's also handsome and smart. Ryan is probably one of the best male characters I have ever had the pleasure of being introduced to. I loved everything about Ryan and thought his all male personality just helped him become the perfect package. Where can I find myself a Ryan? Ladies, this man is definitely book boyfriend material! 

Besides the romance brewing between Krista and Ryan, there is also a real suspenseful mystery and as I mentioned before, Craze covers the mystery. It doesn't hide it in the shadows, but makes it a real part of the story. I loved the intrigue of it all and as the truth started to come to light, I just couldn't wait to see how everything ended up. Craze had me on the edge of my seat and definitely left me with some jaw dropping moments. 

Although I had not read an Anne Conley book before, I will definitely be reading more from this author. I can't wait to read the rest of this series and find out more about the group of men behind Pierce Securities. 

With that being said I give Craze five stars. I only wish I could give it more. This is the best romantic suspense book I have read in a really long time and is one of my favorite books of 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment