Monday, March 30, 2015

Sale Blitz {+ Review}: Unspeakable Truths by Alice Tribue





Title: Unspeakable Truths
Author: Alice Tribue
 Release Date: September 15, 2014


Synopsis


Everything I ever learned about fairy-tales was a fucking lie…

Four years ago, my life was everything I wanted it to be: I had everything I wanted, everything I needed, in my best friend and newly wedded husband—Tyler.

Yet, hours after we said "I do," I lost him.

Forever...

The dreams we'd shared, the future we'd planned—all of our hopes and desires, were ripped away in mere seconds.

And now, four years later, my life still feels like a hopeless eternity.

So, I guess it's quite fitting that the last person I want to hear from is currently standing at my front door.

He wants to tell me the truth about that night, he wants to be my new knight in shining armor, but the thing is…

He was the best man...











Links to Buy

99c SALE

AMAZON US / UK
B&N




 
My Review
Have you ever had a book just call to you? As soon as I read the synopsis for Unspeakable Truths, I just knew I had to read it. Boy, am I glad that I did!
 
Unspeakable Truths begins at the wedding of Everly and Tyler, college sweethearts saying "I do". Happy and blissful, Everly doesn't realize that by tomorrow her happy ever after will be stolen from her.
 
Fast forward four years later and Everly, now a widow, is still struggling with her grief and practically suffocating with it. Closed off from the world, her family, and her friends, Everly lives with Tyler's ghost over her.
 
Luca,  Tyler's best friend and the best man in Everly and Tyler's wedding, comes back in to town after being gone for four years. Luca, who suffers from the guilt of Tyler's death, runs in to Everly unexpectedly - and seemingly keeps running in to her. When he sees how deep Everly has become in her grief, Luca becomes determined to help bring her back to life.
 
Falling in love with her husband's best friend was never in her plan, but then again a lot of things hadn't gone according to plan for Everly. When the truth comes out about Tyler's death, will Everly finally be able to let go of her grief and move on with Luca?
 
Alice Tribue writes a story that emotionally connects with readers. Her descriptive writing touches those who read it and you can feel the characters emotions bursting off of the pages. The book features alternating points of view from both Everly and Luca so readers can see what each character is thinking and feeling.  Personally, I loved the alternating point of view, but I loved Luca and so being able to see things from his side was pretty great.
 
As for the characters themselves, Everly and Luca are both characters with their own personalities that stand out to readers. Luca is easily one of the best book boyfriends I have read about. From the moment we meet Luca, readers feel for him and his side of what happened and what was left untold. Luca is charismatic, handsome, sweet, and determined. Instead of being intimidated by the ghost of his best friend, he instead works to show Everly she can overcome her grief without forgetting about Tyler and that she can move on - with him. Everly, another likeable character, can sometimes be stubborn, but in the end she accepts the truth for what it is - no matter how much it hurts. Even with four years of wallowing in grief, Everly is a strong character who just needs a shove in the right direction. Readers will find themselves rooting for both Everly and this couple.
 
The only negative thing I can say about this book was that were some grammar errors that I couldn't overlook, which is the only reason I would rate this book 4 1/2 STARS instead of 5. Otherwise, Unspeakable Truths leaves readers with this truth: This book is one that you do not want to miss out on.
 
★ ★ ★★ 1/2

Author Bio


Alice Tribue lives with her husband and daughter in New Jersey. She has a bachelors degree in communications and is currently working on her masters degree. She spends most of her free time reading, writing, and when the weather permits lounging out on a beach.



Author Links


No comments:

Post a Comment